Check the status of your case
Click here to check your case status
Once you are on the website, you need to:
- Click in the box below "Enter your receipt number."
- Enter your receipt number. This can be found on the receipts that were mailed to you by USCIS.
- In the box to the right, you will see one of the circles filled in. This will let you know at which phase of the review process your case is.
- An explanation of your review stage is written below these circles.
- You can also see an expanation of any of the other review stages by putting your mouse cursor over any of the other circles.
Sign up for automatic updates
In order to sign up for automatic e-mail and text message updates about your case, go to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp
and follow these steps:
- Read the information on the page under "sign-up for case updates."
- Click on "register as an application customer."
- Read the information under each heading, and then press the "accept" button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out all of the blanks on the form on the next page, including creating a username and password (write these down to remember them), and then press the "submit" button.
- You are now signed up for automatic updates.